From time to time, you might look at a woman’s face and think about how they maintain that glowing, smooth skin. However, since every one of us has faced skin problems at least once in our lives, and it is impossible to completely prevent these issues, wondering “how do women get perfect skin” is only natural. After all, maintaining a skincare routine is not always realistic with all the stress and busyness.
However, although discipline is one of the most important boosters of reaching perfect skin, you can still get that glowing look without having a strict skincare routine. Of course, sometimes it might be challenging to determine what your skin needs to stay that glowy and clean. Besides, being inundated with skincare product advertisements is no help. But this article is free from all of that. So, how do women get perfect skin?
1- Know yourself; know your skin
To give your skin the proper care, you must first know what type of skin you have because you can’t use the same products for oily and dry skin. And your skincare routine should be much different if your skin is sensitive. So, how will you figure it out?
- After washing, patting your face dry, and waiting for an hour, press a clean tissue to your face. If the parts of the tissue where your nose, cheeks, chin, and forehead touched have an oily residue, you have oily skin. However, if your skin feels flaky and stiff, it means your skin is dry.
- If the edges of your face feel rough but your T-zone leaves an oily residue, what you have is combination skin. And this means you have to take care of those parts differently.
- If none of the above applies to you, your skin should be standard. But if you have sensitive skin, you should already know that since it would be pretty simple for your face your get red and inflamed.
- After determining your skin type, look for products according to that. Especially if you have sensitive skin, you should choose products with at most 10 ingredients.
2- Makeup may not be your best friend
As gorgeous women, we like to play with colors and products to give ourselves some change and shine. However, even though most of them are advertised as safe for your skin, they all have a terrible influence to some extent. After all, they all are some layers that prevent skin from getting air.
- If you wear makeup daily, stop and let your face rest for at least a week or two. Then, if you believe that you need makeup, remember that maybe wearing makeup every day might be why you think you need it.
- Avoid using too many products and too many amounts. Instead, fix the parts you strongly think that need fixing with the minimum amount of product and leave the other parts. Especially if you have oily or sensitive skin, avoid using oily products.
- Clean your makeup as soon as you finish your day. Don’t try to wash the makeup off your face, though; use an oil-free remover, remover wipe, or micellar water. And wash your face after to get rid of the cleansers.
- And repeat after me: don’t ever sleep with your makeup on! When those products are left on your skin, this can block pores and prevent the skin from recovering from the day’s pressures. Thus inviting a whole host of unfavorable problems.
3- What you eat today will be what you are tomorrow
Well, even though it’s a bit cruel, this is the truth. If your meals include more fat or sugar, you will see its effects on your skin within the next few days. Of course, you don’t have to rob yourself completely of enjoying junk food. You need to be careful about a few points.
- As you might already know, drinking water is fantastic for your health and one of the best ways to keep your skin healthy. If you can drink at least 2.5 liters of water daily, you might see a different glow on your skin even in a couple of weeks.
- Also, your diet must include enough fruits, lean protein, and vegetables. Greens, seafood, berries, and citruses like lime and grapefruit contain antioxidants that can help your skin look its best.
- And if you have a cheat day ahead of you or you will have to eat differently than your regular diet for any reason, drink more water than you usually would and maybe do a detox the next day with lots of green juices.
4- Dead skin cells? No thanks
Even though you have a strict skincare routine and take good care of your face daily, you will get dead skin cells. And if you don’t get rid of them, you’ll get clogged pores and breakouts. So, how can you get rid of them? By exfoliating every week!
- If you are using chemical exfoliants, remember that you shouldn’t overdo it because using masks and lotions more than twice a week can cause your skin to look dry and dull.
- But if you use physical exfoliants, you can repeat the process 3 to 4 times a week. Of course, since brushes and scrubs can be hard on your skin, remember to be gentle with your motions.
- Avoid using excessive amounts of products, and don’t forget to wet your face before rubbing it on your face. Avoiding the under-eye region in particular, gently massage the exfoliating product into your skin in a circular motion, paying specific attention to any dry or greasy patches.
- You should consult your doctor about chemical exfoliators, especially if your skin is dry. Also, since exfoliation can be very drying, moisturize your face with the right product afterward.
5- Sunscreen is your best bud
Although they know, most people don’t get the weight of this issue. However, nothing damages your skin more than being exposed to the sun! Remember, harmful rays are always out there, whether it looks sunny or not.
- Your skin type is also essential when choosing the right sunscreen. So do your research or consult your dermatologist before purchasing one.
- In the wintertime, you might go with SPF 15 sunscreen. Apply it before you go out to avoid early skin aging and flaws.
- However, when the sun is shining brightly, you should use higher SPFs and keep your sunscreen near you to reapply during the day.
6- Get as far as possible from stress
I know it’s impossible to get away from stress in this day and time. However, this doesn’t mean that you should sit in that stress and let it eat you from the inside. To lessen your stress level, there are things you can do.
- One of the most important things to reduce your stress level as much as possible is good sleep since sleep deprivation prevents the body and mind from replenishing themselves.
- Having a workout routine is also very helpful in reducing your stress level, thus preventing skin problems. And not only that but keeping up a workout routine is also perfect for preventing the early aging of your body and skin.
- Apart from these, breathing exercises, especially in times of excessive stress, meditating, or journaling, can also prevent building stress and help maintain perfect skin.
- And remember, to maintain this peaceful state of mind, you should make these things parts of your life and don’t break your routine for a long time.
So, to sum up, you don’t need to go from dermatologists to dermatologists, buy lots of products, pour lots of money, or follow a strict, tiring skincare routine to have that fantastic, glowing look. All you need to do is to understand your skin’s needs and apply the right product, in the right amount, at the right time.
Of course, doing all these won’t make you wake up with perfect skin in just a couple of days or weeks. Because none of these steps is a magic wand and your skin will still need time to heal. Also, our skin has bad and good times just like we do. Depending on our hormones, stress level, sleep cycle, and so much more, there might be times when our skin doesn’t look the best.
So, how do women get perfect skin? With patience, love, and the proper care. It is simply because what makes you and your body feel good will always show its effects on your skin. This is why, apart from avoiding heavy makeup, using the right products, and having a balanced diet, you should also be careful not to stress yourself.